Sunday, August 30, 2009

Grandpa's 63rd Birthday

Happy Birthday Camping Style!
It was my fathers 63rd birthday while we were camping. So we had to celebrate. I was all prepared or I thought i was... I pre-made a giant cookie and kept it away from the bears (Human & Animal types). I Brought along two tubes of icing for the kids to decorate. Of course on this day it rained all afternoon. So my plans were dashed till after dark. The icing was so cold we had to warm it by the lantern and then the kids still had a hard time squeezing it out. We did sing and the cookie was great.

The gift was suppose to be part of a scavenger hunt. Early in the day i had the kids color photos around the campsite. Again the weather messed up that plan I could not have 7 kids and one Grandpa ruining around in the dark. All and all the kids and grandpa had smiles on there faces that is all that matters.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: