Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy 1/2 Birthday Regan

I don’t think I blogged on this topic….
Happy ½ Birthday Regan!
This is a family tradition. We have cup cake and a few gifts for the 6 mo birthday. Here is this story behind it.

My Grandfather Don lived with my parents and with Rob and I (when we stayed there), I also was the one to take him to all is drs appts and such. We had a good chance to grow close the last several years of his life. He was quite a man, he had many stories.

Aiden was born in April and as fall approached grandpa insisted that we have a ½ year birthday for him because as he put it, I’m not going to be kicking in April. Now why he would say that is beyond me as for an 85 year old he was in fine shape. Aiden as a baby would lay on the table and watch us play cards. He loved when Grandpa would sing. You just had to know him. Any how so he wanted to get Aiden a wagon as every boy need a good wagon. Grandpa’s birthday was on Oct. 5th and we had a great day cake and the whole deal. The next day he passed, he just knew I guess. So every child of mine has a 6 mo birthday because grandpa wanted to see this dam kid eat cake : ) (you really had to know him). He is missed very much but the tradition continues….

Regan had all kind of baby babble for us, she loved the cup cake, David loved giving Regan her gift (grandma’s gift these days what is hers is his as well).
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Doane Home said...

Happy 1/2 birthday Regan! What a great tradition.

Elizabeth said...

So sweet! She is really growing into her own little self.